Updated: Apr 7, 2020
Children love sensory play and playdoh! You can make this from ingredients that most of us have at home. Here is a simple recipe.
· 1 cup flour
· 2 tsp cream of tartar
· 1/2 cup salt
· 1 tbsp cooking oil Olive oil or vegetable oil
· 1 cup water
1. In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, salt, cream of tartar) and mix well.
2. Mix food colouring with your water first. Then add the vegetable oil and water with food colouring to a large pot. Mix together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to your pot and mix well.
4. Cook over low to medium heat until the dough starts to form and becomes dry.
5. Once it starts to form a ball together and looks fully cooked, take off the heat. Let the dough cool first before touching.
Once cool, knead the dough for 5 minutes to make the dough soft
MUSIC AND MOVEMENT
Moving our Bodies
Children love to move their bodies to music! You tube has many different children`s songs that have the movements included; children become very engaged in copying these movements as they make sense of how to use their bodies! You can also use children`s yoga to move the body, we like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Q6FKF12Qs&list=PL8snGkhBF7nh4KvxYYYjhFzXMj6AbstIy